Here is a simple and easy homemade vegetable stock recipe. Feel free to add more vegetables. Some good ones are: corn cobs, bell peppers, pea pods, celery root, potatos, eggplant.. The list is endless.
The key to infusing the flavors faster is to cut the vegetables into larger pieces. Smaller pieces will take longer to infuse.
Adaptation from all recipes.
Weird Space: We all know what boiling water looks like on Earth, but what does it look like in space?
Here on Earth, boiling water creates thousands of tiny vapor bubbles. In space, the boiling water produces one giant rolling bubble.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large onion
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, including some leaves
- 2 large carrots
- 2 bay leaves
- 6 sprigs fresh thyme
- 8 cloves garlic, minced
- 8 sprigs fresh parsley
- 8 mushroom stems
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 quarts water
- Chop washed vegetables.
- Heat oil in a large soup pot, add all the vegetables and cook on high for 5-10 minutes (covered) stirring frequently.
- Add salt and water, bring to a boil and then reduce to a simmer for 45-60 minutes.
- Strain and discard vegetables.